Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:18:47 +0100

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2004-03-09 22:34:57 +0000 Wim Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Yes, if it would appear under "Documentation"  I would expect
>> documentation and that is what it is.
>
> O expert webmasters cc'd, should the link "Frameworks" be changed, or
> should the title "Resources" be changed? What to?

Hm, what about "Documentation"?  Because as far as I can see
all the links under "Resources" are documentation related
(if you can call a mailing list documentation).
But this is just a very minor point, and because english
is not my first language, my opinion on precise wording
might not be worth much :-(.

>> But still I feel somehow better if the application news would be
>> carried by the gnustep.org site itself.
>
> I think we have enough work trying to track core with our limited
> help, sadly.

Oh, yes I imagine.  I am just fantasizing about the perfect situation.
This seems to be the usual theme on gnustep related lists, so I really
appreciate the work you put in, there should be more people like that!

> We must let the community self-organise itself to produce
> these other sites. I think gnustep.us may want to become
> news.gnustep.org soon, or I may have dreamt that.

So in closing, just one minor idea:

There could be link on the "Home Page" at the bottom of the
section "GNUstep News"  reading:

   For GNUstep application news see _news.gnustep.org_

or

  News about GNUstep applications is provided by _news.gnustep.org_

Well, again thanks for all the work.

Wim Oudshoorrn.