Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:16:15 -0700

On Thursday, March 4, 2004, at 02:38 PM, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:

(2) I think link "Frameworks" under the "Resources" heading is
    unfortunately named.  It points to a section in the
    "Documentation" page.  I would expect it to point to a list
    of frameworks, with a short description.

I've wanted to make the links correspond more closely, but I haven't had time yet.

(5) I do not like the format of the FAQ.
    Every section (which are generally speaking very short)
    is followed by a line
    [ < ] [ > ] [ << ] [ Up ] [ >> ]  [Top][Contents][Index][ ? ]
    Which I find distracting.  I think it looks a lot better
    without these lines and I do not think they add a lot.

Well, that's the standard texi2html translator. Perhaps it's possible to change, but I don't know

(6) Also, the FAQ misses the nice righthand side links and the
    top bar.

Same reason.

(7) In the "Progress Overview" page on the last line of the
    first paragraph there is link in the text:

    "Be sure to check here for _more_ _news_"

    - missing period?
    - It is an external link to the www.gnustep.us site.

I'd rather take that whole page out and use the News section on the front page instead.