Re: GNUstep links in Dead-tree form...

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep links in Dead-tree form...
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:19:51 -0800

Manuel,

On Feb 13, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

Manuel,
Hi,

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:05:57 -0800 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:
| In Stephen Kochan's new and excellent Objective-C book, there are a few | URL's printed in it which are no longer valid, presumably due to the
| recent site redesign. I'd like to propose that we set up permanent
| server-side redirects to the new locations of the documents he links
| to, as these obviously can't be updated.
|
| 1) In the Resources section, on page 535, there's a link to
| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/base/Base.html ... this
| has been changed to
| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
| Reference/Base.html
|
| 2) On page 536, there is a link to
| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/manual_toc.html ...which
| has (presumably) been moved to
| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
| ProgrammingManual/manual_toc.html
|
| Can the server admin please set up permanent redirects for these two
| URLs? It would be greatly appreciated.
Can we have *real* server-side redirects set up? This is cleaner, and more in-line with what we're actually supposed to do. Only if we can't do it that way should we use PHP. MJ Ray agrees with me on this point.

Alex Perez
address@hidden
"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it."
--Thomas Jefferson