Re: GNUstep links in Dead-tree form...

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: GNUstep links in Dead-tree form...
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:49:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:05:57 -0800 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:
 >| In Stephen Kochan's new and excellent Objective-C book, there are a few
 >| URL's printed in it which are no longer valid, presumably due to the
 >| recent site redesign. I'd like to propose that we set up permanent
 >| server-side redirects to the new locations of the documents he links
 >| to, as these obviously can't be updated.
 >|
 >| 1) In the Resources section, on page 535, there's a link to
 >| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/base/Base.html ... this
 >| has been changed to
 >| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
 >| Reference/Base.html
 >|
 >| 2) On page 536, there is a link to
 >| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/manual_toc.html ...which
 >| has (presumably) been moved to
 >| http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
 >| ProgrammingManual/manual_toc.html
 >|
 >| Can the server admin please set up permanent redirects for these two
 >| URLs? It would be greatly appreciated.

You can do it by creating a missingdoc.php page in the document root and
handling those cases in it.
missingdoc.php is the 404 error page.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998