Re: GNUstep.org with netscape 4.x

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org with netscape 4.x
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:03:22 +0000

On 2004-01-08 04:49:47 +0000 Scott Stevenson <address@hidden> wrote:

sniff the user agent and design an entirely different set of templates to play to NS4's quirks.

You can sometimes avoid the worst by using the CSS include instruction and moving things that confuse NS4 to that stylesheet. NS4 doesn't understand include for CSS and doesn't read the other stylesheet. Can't make it look the same, but can make it not broken. Not ideal, but possible.

Then again, I think most NS4 users are used to sites breaking and it being their browser's fault now.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden