Re: Site concepts

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Site concepts
Date: 30 Aug 2003 22:00:03 -0600

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 13:21, Scott Stevenson wrote:
> I promised a little while back to work on some ideas for the GNUstep
> site. This is what I came up with:
>
> http://treehouseideas.com/downloads/gnustep/
>
> The general philsophy was to focus and encapsulate key ideas. I'd be
> interested in any feedback.

I really like the layout - very simple and clean. The main text boxes on
the left really get the visitor oriented and interested quickly. Having
the links on the right also seems nice - I didn't realize having the
links on the left was so distracting until I saw this design. Although
the only problem is the links are a little cutoff with my default
browser window size, but perhaps it is worth it (or maybe it will scale
in real life...).

The small images are nice - although it would be nice to focus on
something beside the menus - like the main application windows of Gorm
or GNUMail or something (but only a part of them - not too much detail).

I think I like the gradient and the gears of the last design best.