The reshape finally starts

From: MJ Ray
Subject: The reshape finally starts
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:48:09 -0000

I have just committed the first step of the changeover to the new template.
Can't see it?  Good.  This stage should be mostly invisible.  I am going
through the pages and tagging with id="main" the holder of the main page
contents, putting in a new tag where necessary.  The front page and all
pages linked from it so far are done.  If you find yourself editing pages
without a "main" element, please add it.

Coming up:
Step 2. Merge newindex.html stylesheet into common.css
Step 3. Make sure all templated pages are xml-safe
Step 4. Write retemplate scripts (where in the CVS should these go?)
Step 5. Use retemplate scripts on the web site
Step 6. Fix any bugs that appear after retemplating

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884