Re: broken links on http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/downloads.php?

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: broken links on http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/downloads.php?
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:37:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi MJ,

And to follow up on my own mail here, i can save (using netscape) the
file to a postscript file which doesn't look messed up (although of
course the postscript isn't interactive).

I certainly don't want you to waste your time on this if it's something
peculiar to my system, because i managed to download the sources otherwise.

But my netscape and system are not modified (i try very hard to keep the
system files exactly as they are installed), so it is possible that i'm
not unique with the problem.

Thanks again for your efforts.

dan

   Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:47:05 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Dan Hitt <address@hidden>

   Hi MJ,

   Thanks for your mail.

   | > (4) arrive at http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html
   | >      (which looks a little wrong)
   |
   | How do you mean "looks a little wrong"?

   If you like i could try to send you a screen shot---give me the word and
   i'll try.

   Anyhow, the page starts off ok, it has a nice icon of a pair of floppies,
   and this text appears and looks right:

   Downloading GNUstep
   List of Packages
   GNUstep Source code can be easily obtained from either the main FTP
   site or several mirrors around the world:

   But after that it's messed up.

   There's a button which says `View package list', and it is partially
   covering some other text which reads

   s]GNUstep HTTP[1 Mbps] Peanuts Archive HTTP Progey FTP [100 Mbps]
   Progeny HTTP [100 Mbps] easynet FTP [Netherlands] easynet

   This is all on one line, and i don't know what comes before the s (or if
   it really is an `s', as it's partially covered).

   And below the button there are 4 large dots aligned vertically.

   And there's nothing else on the page.

   Per your request, i'll try it again in a few days.

   dan