can i trust you with this project

From: Yinka
Subject: can i trust you with this project
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:50:28 -0400

Name:Yinka Davies
    Broad  Bank Nigeria Ltd

Dear Sir.Madam

I am Yinka Davies  ,the group head, Treasury Deparment of foreign
operations  Broad Bank  of Nigeria.

In my  department, I discovered an abandoned sum of S$13.5millions
(Thirteen million, five hundred thousand United States Dollars) in an
account belonging to one of our foreign customers who died alongside
with his entire family in1998 in an auto  crash, this account was
open with the  bank in 1993 and since 1998, no body has operated this
account again. After careful   investigation, I discovered that the
owner of this  account was the president of   WILBROS CONSTRUCTION
COMPANY  LTD,  Since I got the information about his death, I have
been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money
because it cannot be claimed unless somebody applies as his next of
kin as indicated in our banking guide.

Unfortunately, I discovered that all his supposed next of kin died
with him over the auto  crash inccident. For over 5 years, I decided
to look for the necessary papers relating to the deposit in order to
make business out of it hence the deposit was made in my branch. Now
that all papers are ready, I am asking for your assistant to release
the money to you as next of kin or relation to the deceased for safe
keeping and subsequent disbursement, hence nobody showed up for it
and I don' t want this money to go back into Federal Government
account as unclaimed bill as soon as the next audit is completed.

The banking law and guideline here stipulates that such money if
remain unclaim after  five  years of maturity, it will be transferred
into banking treasury as unclaimed effect. The request of a foreigner
as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the
customer was a foreigner and not a Nigerian cannot stand as a next of
kin to a foreigner. I am ready to negotiate the mode of sharing with
you. Thereafter I will visit your country for the
disbursement/investing of my share according to the percentages we
agreed upon. Note this transaction requires utmost confidentiality.
And I am assuring you that it is 100isk free so you need not be
afraid.I expect a positive response from you soonest.

Best Regards,

Yinka Davies

Group Head, Treasury Department.
Foreign Operations