INVESTMENTS ASSISTANCE

From: DR FRED SMITH
Subject: INVESTMENTS ASSISTANCE
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:55:36

FROM THE DESK OF DR FRED SMITH

Dear Sir,

This is important, and requires your immediate attention! First, I must
solicit your strictest confidence in the transaction.

To intimate you further, we are top officials of the new civilian
administration Committee on Foreign and Local Contract Payment, who are
interested in the importation of goods into our country with funds
which are presently trapped in Nigeria. In order to actualize this
dream, we seek your assistance to transfer the said-trapped fund into an
interest bearing account which you have absolute control over
in your country or a third country other than Nigeria.

The new civilian administration of General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd)
set-up this committee specifically to review all contracts/oil licenses to
determine their propriety and relevance in the light of the
country's current economic and political realities. We have identified
a lot of inflated contract fund which are currently floating in our Apex Bank.
At this moment we have worked out modalities within ourselves and some
acquaintances at the Apex Bank to divert the sum of
US$33,700,000.00 (Thirty three million, seven hundred thousand United States
Dollars) only, for our personal use.

However, by virtue of our positions as Civil Servants and members of
the Contract Review Panel, we cannot acquire this money in our names,
consequently, I was delegated by my colleagues as a matter of trust to look for
an overseas partner into whose account we can transfer this sum of money, hence
this letter to you.

Furthermore, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total sum
of US$33,700,000.00 (Thirty three million, seven hundred thousand United States
Dollars) into your account for disbursement. Your
areas of specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution
of this transaction and the account required for this project can either be
PERSONAL, COMPANY or an OFFSHORE account you have total control over. Needless
to say, the trust reposed on you at this
juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20% of this sum
while 10% shall be set aside for incidental expenses between the parties in the
course of this transaction. You must however note that this transaction is
subject to the following terms and conditions:

(a) Our conviction of your transparent honesty and diligence (b) That
you would treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.
(c) That the funds would be transferred to an account where you have
absolute control over.
(d) That one of our representatives will be with you in your country to
represent our interest.
This however depends on your response to conditions A and C above.

Modalities have been worked out to the highest level for the immediate
transfer of the funds within 14 working days subject to your satisfaction of
the above stated terms. Our assurance is that your role
is RISK FREE. To accord this transaction the legality it deserves and
for mutual security of the funds, the whole approval procedures will be
officially and legally processed with your name or the name of any company you
may nominates as the bonafide beneficiary.

Once more, I want you to understand that having put over 23 years in
the civil service of my country, I am averse to having my image and career
dented.

This matter should be treated with utmost secrecy and urgency.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include
this transfer in this batch as
payments to foreign contractors is usually carried out on quarterly
basis.

regards

DR.FRED SMITH