Re: spamcop? Re: [queue #239531] (abuse) [SpamCop (http://www.ifsob.org)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: spamcop? Re: [queue #239531] (abuse) [SpamCop (http://www.ifsob.org) id:57097581] Invitation to join IFSOB.org
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:59:22 -0700

IFSOB.org wrote:

cc. Gnustep
cc. Chris at Terabyte

Dear Gnustep,

I was wondering why I was spam copped today?  I visited your site and sent
you a legitimate invitation to join IFSOB.org.  The was most certainly not
spam, so I am wondering why I was tarnished with such a brush.   I am not
fully aware of what happens when one is spamcopped, but I am sure whatever
it is, it's not good.

I apologize if my invitation offended you somehow, but must assure you it
was a genuine invitation from a human being rather than an automatic
spamming generated by some kind of email address harvesting web trawler.  I
hate those kind of address trawled approaches just as much as you do, as I
receive about 150 of them per day.

I would like your opinion on the matter, as now my reputation with my host
may have been tarnished unjustly and I feel a little upset about the whole
thing.

Well I didn't do it. I'm not sure what a SpamCop is either. I'm sorry you were, perhaps unintentionally, labelled a spammer. Although unsolicited invitaions to join or buy something tend to be viewed as spam by many people, even if sent with the best intentions. If you would like me to send a mail to someone to clear this up, please let me know.

Adam Fedor
Chief Maintainer, GNUstep.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you