broken links for JIGS

From: Martin Baker
Subject: broken links for JIGS
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:32:51 -0800 (PST)

The various links to JIGS on the "fundamentals" page:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/source_fun.html

refer to version "0.9.0", but all the links break. I believe the version
should be "0.4.0", which corresponds to the file that actually is in the
FTP directory, "jigs-0.4.0.tar.gz". You'll notice that it also does not
have the "gstep-" prefix.

Also the TIFF has a link to "?". Perhaps a link to http://www.libtiff.org/
or http://www.libtiff.org/tiff-v3.5.5.tar.gz would be better.

Also, the libobjc download will not run "configure" without the rest of
the GCC source. It needs a few files from above it, specifically, a
Makefile from which to grep GTHREAD_FLAGS, and config.sub, among possibly
others.

BTW, you might want to mention to FreeBSD users that they can use the
great ports directory. Just "cd /usr/ports/devel/gnustep; make; make
install" as root.

Windowmaker rocks, and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of
GNUstep. Thanks!

Martin