gnustep-maintainer

Re: [Gnustep-maintainer] GNUstep, Fedora and the curious.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-maintainer] GNUstep, Fedora and the curious.
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:07:56 -0700

On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:39 PM, Duvelle Jones wrote:

Considering the like of GNUStep and Etoile desktop environment, I am
curious to why GNUStep packages have yet to find there way to Fedora.

If anything, what it holding you back from providing rpm to Fedora and
Family (hint, wouldn't it be cool to have a GNUstep spin?)?

Duvelle,

We typically don't manage packaging for various distributions - we hope that interested people who are involved with the various distributions do the packaging themselves, although we are willing to help in any way we can. We don't have a huge bank of computers with volunteers to handle all that stuff ourselves.