Re: OpenBSD crashes - GWorkspace coredumps - mismatched C++ libraries

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: OpenBSD crashes - GWorkspace coredumps - mismatched C++ libraries
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 23:09:57 +0200

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On 21. May 2021, at 16:14, Riccardo Mottola<riccardo.mottola@libero.it>  wrote:

I think the issue comes from the fact that OpenBSD has a very basic system gcc 4.2
compiler (no Obj-C support, only C and C++) and then gcc8 or clang can be installed as
packages. On this system I have gcc. It is easily distinguished because it is named
"egcc"
Why use GC from ports in the first place, something not working with clang from
base system?

If I do not want to use libobjc2, the only way is to use GCC and since it needs objc-c support, I need GCC from ports. I want to be sure that both chains work on all systems so users have a choice. I have enough computers to test both!

I was unable to get under 6.8 libobjc2 working reliably and also getting things to work with gcc was a great pain, but eventually succeeded.

I wonder the issue now, if it can be solved... I hate this trickery.

Riccardo