Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI Library 0.29.0

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI Library 0.29.0
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 12:59:05 -0400

The website should be updated sometime this weekend.  I am not sure about the FTP stuff.   I am wondering if we should start putting the releases elsewhere since it seems like FTP might not be built into all browsers going forward based on what you're saying.

GC

Thanks a lot from me too! Great work!

One observation: http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/downloads.php?site=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.gnustep.org%2Fpub%2Fgnustep%2F  , our download page, doesn’t seem to be updated.

Who is responsible for this?

… and while we are at it: could we also update our site to finally use https? Free SSL certificates are available for instance here: https://letsencrypt.org or from others: https://www.google.com/search?q=free+https+certificate

FTP also seems a bit outdated nowadays that even Firefox dropped support for it: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2021/04/15/built-in-ftp-implementation-to-be-removed-in-firefox-90/

Thanks,

Lars