Wayland backend status update & help appeal

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Wayland backend status update & help appeal
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:02:01 +0000

Hi,

A while ago Sergio L. Pascual contributed a 'dirty' wayland backend
patch, intended to be used together with cairo.

At FOSDEM we worked on merging it, but it didn't worked out. I have
not yet merged it as it is not ready for use.

You can see current work-in-progress:
https://github.com/ivucica/libs-gui/tree/ivucica-wayland
https://github.com/ivucica/libs-back/tree/ivucica-wayland

Also, I am stumped.

- xdg_shell's get_xdg_surface_special is not referenced elsewhere on
the interwebs. I have temporarily swapped it for get_xdg_surface;
thus, no longer is a more detailed window style being passed. I don't
see an obvious way to do the same with v5 xdg-shell api.
- Having done so, the window does not appear at all. I cannot find
evidence that a 'map' call is required. The window is there under
weston; events are being printed if I pass --GNU-Debug=dflt. It's
simply not drawing stuff on screen at all.

What am I missing?