Re: GS and MinGW (was Re: Porting libobjc2 to MinGW)

From: Hovik Melikyan
Subject: Re: GS and MinGW (was Re: Porting libobjc2 to MinGW)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:43:15 +0000 (UTC)

Derek Fawcus <dfawcus+lists-gnustep-dev <at> employees.org> writes:

Hi Derek,

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:34:38AM +0000, Hovik Melikyan wrote:
>
> So on the topic of gnustep for windows targets using mingw,
> is that mingw32 or mingw64?

It's mingw32. Right now I'm focusing on 32-bit, as the assembly part for
64-bit is a different story with its own problems.

> I see from the mingw64 page that it was initially created as
> a way to port some objc code to windows.

It says it goes back to 2005, and I'm not sure what this fact says about
Objective-C. At least the Foundation and below live in both worlds - 32
and 64 (after all there are still 32-bit iOS systems around).

--
H.M.