Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:47:37 +0100

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
OpenBSD for example has the concept of meta-packages. There you only install
the gnustep-desktop package, and that basically pulls in all GNUstep GUI
applications, including two themes that are there available.

this is fine for "self-contained" themes, like the default, Neos or Sleek. However if you need a theme which needs gtk and gnome or perhaps in the future qt and kde, would pull in stuff you don't want!

Suppose I want to install a clean GNUstep Desktop, I certainly don't want gtk stuff pulled in (actually more than gtk, pieces of Gnome). However if you run Gnome it is desired to have the native theme and pulling it in doesn't add extra burden.

We should have something like "suggested if (another package present)". I don't think is available on the various package systems.

Riccardo