Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:10:16 +0000

On 7 Jan 2014, at 14:13, Stefan Bidi <address@hidden> wrote:

> The first step for anyone new to GNUstep, after they realize the distro
> supplied packages are sorely out-of-date, will be to compile it using the
> standard compiler/runtime supplied to build GNUstep.

Both OpenBSD and FreeBSD ship with GNUstep packages that are up to date and
compiled with sensible options.  I've not tried the OpenBSD ones, but on
FreeBSD things like ARC and libdispatch work out of the box.  We should perhaps
have a prominent list of systems with up-to-date packages so that people know
what is sensible to install in a VM if they want to play with GNUstep.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1