Re: GNUstep on OSX

From: Ibadinov Marat
Subject: Re: GNUstep on OSX
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:20:23 +0300

On May 29, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I tried looking at a few ...

sqlclient.patch ... the patch here is a reasonable size, but seems to just remove some correct code from one file.

It contains two changes:
1. Changed signature  of  -(NSMutableArray*)backendQuery: (NSString*)stmt recordType:(id)rtype listType:(id)ltype
to be: -(NSMutableArray*)backendQuery: (NSString*)stmt recordType:(Class)rtype listType: (Class)ltype
Change is made to allow this library work with GNUstep runtime’s type-dependent dispatch.
It was sending messages to abstract superclass instead of concrete subclass.
2. Removed string trimming. It cased the framework to be almost useless, cause you can't get real data from DB.
It was done a month before you made it optional. While merging with upstream, I chose to leave it removed, because
it looks like a feature added “just because we can”.

make.patch ... a large patch most of which I can't understand

Did you try?
Changes:
1. Corrections in configure.ac to make it work nice on OSX. Big size of patch is caused by regeneration of ./configure.
2. In Testing.h function pass(int, const char*, ...) was made to accept NSInteger instead of int to avoid shortening 64bit to 32bit.

base.patch ...  github tewlls me it's too big to view

... and suggests to view raw version instead of HTML.
It's big for three reasons:
1. xCode project
2. ./configure regenerated due to changes in configure.ac
3. there are loads of changes, really

you'll need to figure out how to produce individual patches

Any suggestions?