Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 19:38:43 +0200

First off, I am not against moving the rest of the project over to GNA. Basing it on the FSF or the FSF-E is all the same to me. Although I know more of the European FSF people in person.

Having the bulk of GNUstep in one place sounds like a nice idea. We could go either way. What I didn't like about the original proposal was that we would loose all the older bug reports. I know, we don't "loose" them, they still would be on Savannah, but for me this is about the same. For me the bug tracking system is a very important tool and an interface to users. Having the older bug reports (open and closed) in a separate system would be an undesirable situation.

Doing a one-to-one move of the SVN repository should be very easy. And all that users would need to do is just one rebase per checkout. I think, about the same would be true when we move the bug reports over. But please, don't let these older bug report rot in some unused system.