Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32990 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Tests/gui/NSVie

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32990 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 13:37:58 -0600

On 2011-05-09, at 2:18 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> On 06.05.2011 03:01, Eric Wasylishen wrote:
>> Author: ericwa
>> Date: Fri May  6 03:01:21 2011
>> New Revision: 32990

>> Log:
>> * Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m: Add some more tests
>> of setBoundsSize:. They are currently failing (but pass on
>> OS X).
>>
>> Modified:
>>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>>     libs/gui/trunk/Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m
>
> Great tests! Thank you for adding them and for fixing the copy/paste bug you
> made in convertPoint:toView:

No problem. :-)

> I think that the last remaining tests here a due to this comment in NSView
> setBoundsSize: (or rather the following test):
>
> // This may seem strange, but Cocoa only adjusts the bounds, when there
> // is no rotation
>
> I don't really remember why I came up with this but I am pretty sure there
> was a reason for that at the time. We must have had a test case that showed
> on Cocoa this stupid behaviour. Maybe Apple fixed their framework in the
> meantime, or there still is a special case that needs to be taken care of. I
> will check with my private test code to see what the original argument was
> here. And if I find something, I will make it part of the official test code.

Cool.
Also, when calling -setBoundsSize:, if the ratio between bounds size and frame
size changes we need to update the origin of the _bounds rect. The tests I
added should check for that.

btw, I found these problems when playing with the "Wrap to Page" mode in
TextEdit (10.6), which shows your document as multiple pages and adds a zoom
level control. There's a copy on my github account with a GNUmakefile:
https://github.com/ericwa/TextEdit

Eric