Re: Next GNUstep release

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:44:49 +0100

Hi,

sounds fine for me, however for gui I'd like some more hacking. I need to find a way to run a compilation and a testsuite on my more exotic systems which are currently inconveniently tucket away. It could require a week or so. I'd especially like a run on gcc 2.95, a run on sparc and ppc to check big endian machines.

Fred Kiefer wrote:
GNUstep base is making excellent progress in the moment, still I would
suggest that we keep to our original plan of making a new release soon.
For this we would need a few days of code freeze to allow for testing of
a stable code base. What about having another week of happy hacking and
then a week of bug fixes and a release in two weeks time?

Adam, would you be able to do the release in this time frame?

Riccardo