Re: Problem with GUI

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Problem with GUI
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:19:24 -0500

Guys,

These are very basic things.  All of these standards are extremely
important.  I'd like to urge everyone to adhere to them for the
following reasons:

* The copyright headers are important since they legally notify anyone
using the code that it is covered by a given license.   This is
important since some files can be under different licenses even in the
same project.
* Indentation is important since it allows everyone to use, basically,
the standard settings on certain editors (in my case emacs) and
provides a means by which we can all edit the same files without
having to adhere to different standards throughout the code.
* The header guards are needed for compilers for which #import is
deprecated.  This is one convention I'm on the fence about given that
most modern compilers support #import properly.

With respect to code reviews, it is up to the maintainers of each
package to regularly monitor contributions which are committed to make
certain that the quality of code is upheld.  If you feel as though a
contribution is not up to par, then it is up to you to demand
correction of the offending code or to roll it back if that because
necessary.

GC