Re: Further problems trying to build GNUstep with blocks/properties supp

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Further problems trying to build GNUstep with blocks/properties support
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:21:53 +0100

On 21 Jun 2010, at 18:07, Thomas Davie wrote:

> You seemed to indicate that NSConcreteGlobalBlock and NSConcreteStackBlock
> should be hiding away in libgnustep-base, but that doesn't seem to be the
> case:
> address@hidden:~/Documents/BattleDungeon$ nm
> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so | grep
> "Concrete.*Block"
>                 w _NSConcreteStackBlock
>
> Any help getting over this last hurdle would be much appreciated.

These symbols are provided by the ObjectiveC2 framework.  Looking at the
GNUmakefile for that subproject, it seems that the NSBlocks.m file, which
defines this symbol, was not being built.

I've hopefully fixed that now.  There may be other issues with
ObjectiveC2.framework - Richard is maintaining it now, I'm only occasionally
back-porting stuff to it from libobjc2 when I remember.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620