trouble build base on ubuntu 10.04: (was: make hello)

From: Elim Qiu
Subject: trouble build base on ubuntu 10.04: (was: make hello)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:24:34 -0600

Thanks German Arias. But I tried this again, seems no progress:

Actually none of a file been compiled (no *.o files produced)

I looked the config-precomp-test.log, it says

** Environment
 CC:
 CFLAGS:
 CPPFLAGS:
 LDFLAGS:
 LIBS:

 current
directory: /home/elim/Projects/Gnu/modules/core/make/config-precomp-test
 log file: ./config-precomp-test.log

 CFLAGS without -x objective-c:

CC is not set: failure

=======
My env is attached.
=======
I installed gcc, g++, gobjc and all stuff from
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/gnustep-howto_2.html#SEC2

with ffcall installed but not used, libffi library installed but not
sure whether the gnustepmake will find it or not.

I tried compile some objc code without gnustep dependency and it works
gcc and g++ test against some simple code is just fine.
I know there must be something wrong and if it fixed, everything will be
fine but what is wrong?

Anyone using ubuntu 10.04 with gnustep?

Thanks for any help