Re: includes/imports in gui.

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: includes/imports in gui.
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:42:49 -0800

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to differ. For me the best way seems to be to have the
> extensions not automatically included. That will break existing
> projects. (In most cases it will just cause warnings from the compiler
> about methods not being defined) But it will also make clear that this
> project will need to be adapted to be usable on OSX. For gui itself I am
> willing to make the changes, in many cases just remove the use of the
> extensions, in others just an additional include.

completely agree with this part.
additions should be additions, the requirements to use them should be
the same no matter what platform you're on OSX or GNUstep.
it is a 180 from traditional GNUstep behavior but I would consider
this change to be fixing a past mistake.

> This is just what I think, it will be more important to get feedback
> from the maintainers of GNUstep applications. If they think the clear
> way is to much hassle for them, we should have the additions
> automatically included.

don't agree so much with this :)