Re: NSCalendar and NSLocale support

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: NSCalendar and NSLocale support
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:07:10 -0500

I have to admit, I'm really disappointed looking back on this thread.
 These classes are still not implemented and the library he was
referring to is ported to almost every platform in existence that
matters.

Realistically this project (GNUstep) doesn't have that many outside
dependencies and we DO NOT have the man power to implement everything
we need especially when there is a library in existence which can
accomplish the job we need that is well-tested, ubiquitous and
appropriately licensed.

I am opening this discussion again.   I am very much in favor if Dave
contributing this code if he's still willing to do so.

We very much need to encourage outside contribution to this project...
and the thread which resulted from this posting didn't show much
encouragement.

Later, GC