Re: Exception handling in clang

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Exception handling in clang
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:21:14 +0100

On 8 May 2009, at 14:13, Pete French wrote:

Actually, all I do is 'svn update' in the LLVM tree, as I was
under the impression that also updated the clang subdirectory too (I
don't use svn anywhere else, so if this is wrong let me know...)

If your svn tree is anything like mine, you did clang as a separate checkout, so you will also need to do 'cd tools/clang && svn up' If you've modified the Makefile in tools to include clang as a subdirectory then doing [g]make in the root directory of your llvm tree.

I think you mentioned you use FreeBSD - you might be interested in seeing that there is a branch of LLVM that now builds with BSD Make (although if you're using GNUstep Make, you'll need GNU Make installed anyway).

As far as I know, my latest patch now means that clang can codegen any Objective-C construct GCC can, as well as fast enumeration.

I know some people are working on supporting Apple's GC interfaces in GNUstep - we can do that relatively easily for clang if anyone has managed to build AutoZone on platforms other than Darwin.

David