Auxiliary makefile fragements

From: David Ayers
Subject: Auxiliary makefile fragements
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:12:23 +0100

Hello Folks,

I can't seem to find the thread that prompted this so sorry if whoever
posted the issue not subscribed, but I think we should probably decide
on how to handle this in general on the developer list.

$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Auxiliary/

What are the semantics of makefile fragments installed here?

- should all library/framework/bundle packages install fragment that a
user of this l/f/b can simply -include and forget about the exact flags
for linking?

- can this be used to determine whether a package is installed or not?

If so... may I request GormLib/ and Renaisance install such fragemants?
(hmm and on OS X can I simply assume that the InterfaceBuilder Framework
exists?)

I'm personally still not swayed in either direction.  Yet I've bloated
GDL2 with the fragments I think could seem useful for users.  But I
remain unconvinced that this is the correct approach.  (Just like I
couldn't convince myself of the usefulness to include
Additional/gui.make and override that within -make via NEEDS_GUI=no)

But either way, I think we should either consistently all install such
fragments or we should all refrain from doing it.

What do you folks think?

Cheers,
David