Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27810 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSImage.

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27810 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSImage.m Source/NSScrollView.m
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:56:21 +0100

Author: rfm
Date: Sun Feb  8 12:02:57 2009
New Revision: 27810

Log:
Use proxies for named images so that changes to images are nstantly reflected
when you change themes.

Modified:
    libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
    libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSImage.m

Richard,

could you please explain a bit the motivation behind this change? It not
only gives me warnings when compiling what is worse I don't understand
the reason for this code when inspecting it.

May I chime in here? While not being a GNUstep developer, I develop software to make my living. From experience I learned that short, to the point comments in the code help a lot to remember the intentions behind not so obvious parts of the code (I remember being puzzled over some code I wrote myself after looking at it several months later). Especially if you're working in a team (there situations where you simply can't tell if something was done because it must be done that way or if somebody didn't know any better or was just lazy).

Well I am just shooting in the dark here (I even didn't look at the code in question, maybe there even are some comments - in that case never mind), but this is not meant as criticism but as a hint from somebody who learned it the hard way.

regards,

        Lars