Commit r27569

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Commit r27569
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:21:32 +0100

Gregory,

        * Source/NSMenu.m: Correction to previous change.  Update when
        setAutoenableItems: value is changed.  Altered update to
        enable menu items when autoenable is not being performed.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here, but this change is definitely wrong. If auto enable for a menu is disabled, the menu items' states are not NSMenu's business. At best one might consider enabling all items at the time auto enable is disabled, but then the - update method is certainly the wrong place for doing this. Note that update is called from the -itemChanged: method, which in turn is called whenever a menu item is changed, e.g., when the application attempts to disable it! Anyway, Apple's implementation apparently doesn't change the menu items' states when -setAutoEnable: is called (with whatever argument), so I think we shouldn't bother either.

Wolfgang