Re: installation domains

From: Hubert Chathi
Subject: Re: installation domains
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:11:56 -0500

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:26:13 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden>
said:

> Tentative policy and development proposals ... please enhance and then
> we can see if we can agree on the way forward.

> 1. We will move to FHS as the default layout for new installations

[...]

FWIW, IMHO, I don't think that GNUstep should default to FHS by default.
While FHS support is handy for distributions like Debian that insist on
everything following the FHS (and even then, we were getting by, just
using symlinks to fake the whole thing), I think that it is best to keep
the GNUstep layout by default.  (And in fact, one of my goals is to
eventually get a set of Debian packages that follows the GNUstep layout
rather than FHS.)

Hubert