Re: gnustep-make experiment

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: gnustep-make experiment
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:43:53 +0100 (CET)

> No that should still work..

Hard to believe.  So you're compiling a C tool and then hope to use
the compiled executable without change on all the cpu/os that we support ?

We managed to get rid of all C tools in gnustep-make in October 2006, and that
was a good step in terms of simplification: no longer having to worry about
the location of tools in fat binary dirs when using gnustep-make's own tools,
cross-compilation issues simplified (and hopefully cleared out at some point
in the future), and a package that you drop somewhere there is a shell and a
make system and it just works.  I already told you in private that I don't think
adding back C tools to gnustep-make is a good idea - for me it's like going
backwards
in time to a more complicated setup.

Thanks