Re: Debug as default...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Debug as default...
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 06:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick,

It should, yes..    Alternatively, if you built with strip on, it should strip
the apps.

Recent changes in GNUstep have eliminated any difference in the naming of
debug, profile, or normal libraries... so you don't need to worry about the _p,
_d, or whatever suffixes anymore.

Currently many non-gnustep packages, such as gcc, gdb, binutils, etc, build
with debug symbols on by default and are explicitly stripped before going into
a distro.   I think we should do the same with GNUstep.

Later, GJC
--Gregory Casamento