Re: FHS compliance/Abstraction of NSBundle

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FHS compliance/Abstraction of NSBundle
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 00:15:51 +0200

On May 10, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Hubert Chan wrote:
My main concern, though, is that since the FHS doesn't
define those directories, users might get upset if we start creating
random directories in ~.

OK, I see. Sure, we should not do this. But is anything put into GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT except maybe defaults? I guess not unless this is specifically requested by the user.

I think creating a ~/.gnustep directory containing per-user configuration is reasonable and common practice.

BTW: libFoundation actually uses $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/.libFoundation if the GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT env var is set, otherwise ~/.libFoundation.

Greets,
  Helge