Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r22843 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenu.m

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r22843 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenu.m
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 19:45:52 +0100

On 1 May 2006, at 16:02, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Hi Richard,

I just checked this change and found that you have hard coded the value
of NSCommandKeyMask as the modifier. If I see correctly, the modifier
could be changed on the menu item, so it looks better to use [item
keyEquivalentModifierMask]. Most likely this error was already in the
old code and you just moved it around.

Thanks ... yes, the original code used NSCommandKeyMask, and as you say it really should use the mask as set. I modified the code accordingly, and looked for other cases where the old code might be wrong.

I see that NSMatrix tries to act on cells using key equivalents, but has no modifier mask as far as I can tell. Do you know how that should work? Perhaps just activating cells by plain typing of an unmodified key equivalent is the way it should work? If so I guess that maybe it should be done whenever the matrix is in the key window. My guess is that the current behavior is wrong, as it appears to work for all windows whether they are key or not.