Re: GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE value ('/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf') is not an ab

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE value ('/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf') is not an absolute path
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:51:06 +0000

On 6 Mar 2006, at 15:39, Tom Koelman wrote:

Hi,

I am fixing the Windows Installer with regard to the GNUstep.conf
file. I am building base 1.11.2 and gui 0.10.2.

base 1.11.2 was unfortunately not tested on mingw, and released broken.
I would therefore rather take a recent snapshot from svn and use that.
I believe the current state is good ... certainly I used it a few days ago.

./configure --disable-xml --with-config-file=$GNUSTEP_INSTALL_DIR/ GNUstep.conf

Disabling xml is no longer necessary if you use the modified libxml as described in the README.MinGW in the current make package.

2006-03-06 14:57:21.708 defaults.exe[3680] GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE value ('/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf') is not an absolute path. Please rebuild GNUstep-base specifying a valid path to the config file.

What do I do wrong? As far as I can tell I already build GNUstep-base
specifying a valid path to the config file.

base now uses native windows paths ... current make/base configure scripts set up two separate config files, one for the unix-style make environment, and one for the windows-style runtime environment.