Re: Serialize NSMutableArray

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Serialize NSMutableArray
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:47:26 +0100

On 2005-07-26 08:32:11 +0100 Raphael <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> in the old cocoa version of my application wich i will rewrite in  gnustep, i
> have serialize a NSMutableArray with writeToFile:
> , is the output file  the same xml structure as in cocoa if i made it  with
> gnustep? or could the old cocoa app donĀ“t read the  NSMutableArray output
> from
> Gnustep?

Pretty much ... but only if you use the runtime option for MacOS-X
compatibility (otherwise default output format for property lists is the
OpenStep format).  GNUstep reads both formats.

You could use NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedUnarchiver instead ... the data
formats used by those are supposed to be 100% MacOS-X compatible, and any
incompatibility found will be treated as a bug and fixed.