Re: Considering Gorm 1.0.0

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: Considering Gorm 1.0.0
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:37:55 +0200

On 2005-07-05 00:03:41 +0200 Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

Adrian,

--- Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 22, 2005, at 1:58 AM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

All,

Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts about this. I would > also like any feedback anyone has on any last minute features or bug fixes they > feel
should go into the app before the 1.0 release.

Gorm has been very stable for the last few releases, so I'm > considering that after the next stable release of core, that Gorm should follow this > with a 1.0.

Does anyone have any comments?

hi greg,

* The selection/Inspector state should be fix :
A lot of times when you select an object into a window or into the document Panel you
don't have what it should be in the inspector.
I think there is some NSNotifications are missing in the code ..

*It would be nice to "force the Inspector to switch"
For example when you select a Classes + the Inspector is into connections => force to switch to Attributes

* Select the last image you added into Images view ( document View ) : it is usually what you want

* Same for sounds

* Set nextKeyView: into Inspector/DocumentPanel when needed

* IB Sun doc say that Inspector can textfielfd can have delegate, I don't think Gorm have it. It is usefull when you modified your Window or button title to see the change "live"

* When you add Outlet / Action : it would be nice to be more usable from keyboard. For ex : hit 4 times on New Outlet => Edit the first one <TAB> Edit the second <TAB>

* Same for NSForm(Cell) => Edit Field1<TAB>editable texfield of Field1<TAB>Edit Field2<TAB>editable textfield of Field2 ....

* Create pallette by drag & drop like NeXT did ( it seems OSX drop it ... don't know why )

Maybye a bug squashing week-end would be nice before the 1.0. ( I didn't look at / hack Gorm code since months but I think I can help for small issues )

Request : for 1.{1,2,3} :
- translations ...
- complete reference guide / help for Gorm ( It would be nice to have Help system working )

my 2 cents
Thanks for your great job !
Fabien