Re: GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL and GSObjCRuntime.h

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL and GSObjCRuntime.h
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:18:39 +0100 (BST)

> > If it doesn't build for you, what error are you getting ?
> >

> undefined references to gnustep-base functions and methods such as
> NSLog. This occurs building any of the Tools, including autogsdoc and
> cvtenc. I initially thought it was the GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL setting but
> it now looks more like libgnustep-base.dll.a doesn't have any base
> symbols, whereas gnustep-base.dll does: [...]

It seems you are building with libxml2.  Did you compile it from source ?
If not, which version of libxml2 did you use ?

Hmmm ... Thinking about it, I suspect you followed the out-of-date
instructions of core/make/Documentation/README.MinGW.  :-( ... It's
obviously not your fault if those instructions are out-of-date ... sorry
about that!

To help you with that I updated the instructions to reflect the current
recommended building steps.  If you followed the old ones, I'd suggest you
delete whatever you have done, and start again from scratch [sorry about
that! but I hope it will go better with the new instructions! ;-)]

If you followed the new instructions already and were trying to build with
libxml2, then we need more info on exactly what procedure you are
following.  I'd strongly suggest you follow the standard procedure unless
you know what you are doing (in which case you should probably be able to
fix or at least identify problems and maybe even send us patches ;-) ).

Thanks for your feedback! :-)