GSMime -setDefaultCoding

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: GSMime -setDefaultCoding
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:56:38 -0500

Hi,

[from base ChangeLog]
---------------------
2005-03-11  ...
* Source/Additions/GSMime.m:
* Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/GSMime.h
  Added setDefaultEncoding:
  This is needed in GSWeb if you use utf-8 and faster than using a
  String as encoding name.
2005-03-15  ...
* Source/Additions/GSMime.m: Mark ([setDefaultEncoding:]) as deprecated
  rather than just removing it ... in case someone has started using it.
---------------------

Could we drop this method completely instead of deprecating?  It
was only in (non-deprecated) existence for 4 days.  Whatever code
has been written using it was recently written, and is presumably
fresh enough in people's minds for rewriting to not be a problem.

On the other hand, leaving it will cause every developer in the
future who looks over the documentation or code in this area
searching for a way to do something relating to encoding
to spend some time and mental effort understanding this
method even if it is just to quickly reject it in favor of
another.  Moreover the base library and documentation will be
just that much bigger, with no additional functionality.

(Yes, although last week I argued in another thread for saving
some deprecated methods, here I'm urging that this one be gotten
rid of now -- how's THAT for hypocrisy?! ;)