Re: KVC updates

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: KVC updates
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:56:10 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 2 Mar 2005, at 13:30, David Ayers wrote:

Right now I'm looking into another failure in the GDL2 tests wrt -unableToSetNullForKey:/-setNilValueForKey:
But that may have to be "fixed" (read hacked around) in GDL2.

Can we just do something like ...

static BOOL newKVC = NO;
+ (void) initialize
{
  if ([NSObject respondsToSelector: @selector(setValue:forKey:])
    newKVC = YES;
}

and use that to chose how things are done in gdl2?

Not really, at least not if we want GDL2 to work with apple-apple-apple. IOW, GDL2 will always have to find a way to hack around the current Cocoa API to remain compatible with WO 4.5. I personally still have a strong interest in this compatibility so I'm willing to maintain these hacks. In fact in this case it was as simple as overriding -setNilValueForKey: to call -unableToSetNullForKey: as I already have the infrastructure in place to take care of category precedence.

Cheers,
David