Re: flexisheet porting status(I need advise)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: flexisheet porting status(I need advise)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:09:42 +0000 (GMT)

> /usr/bin/g++ -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString FSWindowController.h
> -c -I/UI -I/usr/GNUstep/system/Library/Headers
> -I/usr/lib/gcc/i386-haansoft-linux/3.4.1/include/
> -I/usr/lib/gcc/i386-haansoft-linux/3.4.1/include/objc  -o
> FSWindowController.o
> cc1plus: warning: command line option
> "-fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString" is valid for ObjC/ObjC++ but not
> for C++

It is heavily recommended that you use gnustep-make for your building!

Then you don't have to fight against those problems ... someone has
already fought against them for you ;-)

Also (and very important) gnustep-make automatically makes your code
compile on multiple machines (GNU/Linux, Unix variants, Apple, Windows,
...) ... if you're figuring out flags manually then your code will
probably only compile safely on the platform that you develop it on.

... and you really don't want to spend your time writing different
compilation rules or checking compilation flags for different machines -
you want to spend your time on your software.

So I recommend you read how to write a GNUmakefile for gnustep-make (it is
very easy! lot easier than writing a makefile), or just copy the
GNUmakefiles from an existing project and just replace the names of files
and things to build.

If you have problems with the GNUmakefiles, please feel free to post your
GNUmakefiles here and someone will try to help you out.

Thanks! :-)