Re: [RFC/Proposal] Cocoa.h header

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: [RFC/Proposal] Cocoa.h header
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:07:01 +0100

Alex Perez wrote:
[snip]
For the record, last I checked, Alexander Malmberg agreed that Cocoa.h should not have all this extra cruft as well. Alex, I'd appreciate it if you'd weigh in on this matter here.

Well, fwiw, I think it's Wrong to put darwin system header compatibility stuff in Cocoa.h. If anyone is really interested in knowing why, I could make an attempt to explain. Otherwise, suffice to say that:

1. That stuff shouldn't be there.

2. If you insist on making system header symbols visible when Cocoa.h is included, at least do so by including the right system header, not by defining the symbols yourself.

3. If you insist on defining the symbols yourself, at least get the rounding right for M_PI.

- Alexander Malmberg