NSAffineTransform append/prepend

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: NSAffineTransform append/prepend
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:56:37 +0100

You may have noticed from some of my changes over the last weeks, that I am trying to get the example code from the book "Cocoa Programming" working with GNUstep (If anybody is interessed, I could provide some make files and .gorm packages). For the Path example I still do get a very different display for the shear example. My impression is, that this is due to the different implementations of prependTransform: and appendTransform: in GNUstep and Cocoa . At least when switching from prependTransform: to appendTransform: in the example method [NSAffineTransform shearXBy:yBy:], GNUstep will display the same picture as printed in the book. Best thing to do is to use a few example matrixes prepend and append them to each other and compare the GNustep and Cocoa results. Is there any volunteer for this?

I would say, that Apple did get the implementation mixed up and that we will need to adapt to this. And we also need to check all the current usage of this methods, if they rely on this difference.

Cheers
Fred