RFC: StepTalk class renaming

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: RFC: StepTalk class renaming
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:30:24 +0200

Hi,

I am about to do something not very usual and not very nice.

I would like to rename STEnvironment to STContext. The reason is, that the name
STEnvironment is confusing. That class is meant to provide script execution and
language context, as it is obvious from functions for named objects and
selector translation.

Moreover I am going to add "Application Nouns" where application creator will
write reference for objects that user see/can manipulate and script writer will use them
by simple name. This 'nouns' will be maintained in STContext.

Therefore, STContext would be a class serving as language context, where is
defined:
- meaning of object names - 'nouns in scripts'
- meaning of selectors
References to available classes and framework/bundle provided capabilities will
remain in this class.

For next release I will place #define for class renaming and #warning for
including STEnvironment.h to make current sources work.

Any comments/objections?

Excuse me for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Stefan