Re: Release schedule

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:19:34 +0200

Nicolas Roard wrote:
> I thought that OpenStep specs were Foundation + AppKit ? the sentence is a bit
> confusing or unclear for me -- something like "the primary goal is to offer
> a free implementation of the OpenStep specification" seems enough ?

Yes, but the OpenStep spec didn't include everything that OPENSTEP:s
AppKit and FoundationKit had, and some of these things are rather
important (and there are some things in OpenStep that aren't suitable
today, like NSCStringText; OPENSTEP's AppKit and FoundationKit are more
suitable goals, and include (almost) all of OpenStep as a subset.)

- Alexander Malmberg