Re: INK: The GNUstep Text Application

From: richard
Subject: Re: INK: The GNUstep Text Application
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:00:11 +0100

On Sunday, October 15, 2000, at 09:54 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> This is
> a full functional replacement for the old Edit application. If there is
> nobody to oppose this, I would like to delete Edit from our Testing
> directory, as that code really wont help anybody in writing a GNUstep
> application.

Sounds like a good idea.  I agree that the Edit.app code is not very helpful.

> Richard could explain how to define those menu entries with Gorm and
> perhaps even the window code, if we reorganize it a bit)?

Well, that ought to be simple - but I haven't really looked at Gorm for several
months, and certainly some of it has been broken by changes in the libraries.
Unfortunately, there is little chance of me being able to get back to it at all
in the near future - with the amount of time-consuming work I have on, I'm
going to be pretty stretched just maintaining and improving the base library.