Re: Pushing to the repos

From: Martin Schanzenbach
Subject: Re: Pushing to the repos
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 18:11:54 +0000

Excerpts from Willow Liquorice's message of 2022-08-03 18:47:35 +0100:
> Hello,
>
> Given that I'm getting repository access soon, I'm getting my changes
> ready to be pushed.

You should already have permissions.

> I need to sign my commits, is that with the SSH key pair? Is the guide
> in the developer's manual in line with current practice? I've never used
> a VCS collaboratively before, and I'm a bit worried about screwing up my
> first major contribution.

You need to sign your commits with GPG. There are guides on how to
configure that for git on the Internet, e.g.

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Signing-Your-Work

Dont worry about it, the nice thing about git is that we can always
revert to an old state.
If you want, you can also learn to use branches.
Dev branches in gnunet (as described in the handbook) also allow you
full control (e.g. deletion of the branch) while master and others are
protected.

Br